Thank you for taking the time to view our website and learn more about our research.
Our program has active research efforts in the following areas:
- Chemical sensors and nanosensors.
- Advanced anti-fouling/fouling release coatings.
- Corneal epithelial cell bilayer chemistry and dynamics.
- Wound restitution.
- Chemical sensors
- Antifouling / fouling
- Photoluminescent response from nanomaterials
- Phospholipid bilayer chemistry, dynamics and structure
- Protein function and structure in restricted space
- AIST-NT Combiscope AFM/SKPM
- Horiba LabRAM HR Raman spectrometer
- Vertex 70 IR bench top spectrometer with Hyperion 3000 microscope
- Nuance EX multispectral imaging system
- SLM model 8100 steady-state fluorimeters
- SLM model 48000 multi-harmonic Fourier instrument
- IBH model 5000-W-SAFE
We have active research programs in the following areas:
Shared, Multi-User Facilities
The Bright Group has access to major scientific facilities within UB
Dedicated Research Laboratories
The Bright Group has dedicated research space within the UB Natural Sciences Complex